Saturday, May 19, 2012

#9 - Sometimes, shoes matter

When packing for Rome, I thought immediately to bring tennis shoes and a pair of walking sandals.

The first few days, I wore my sandals. They had lots of straps and were very light and comfortable; perfect for walking! Ha...

BUT...after those first few days, the top of my left foot began to hurt extremely badly on the top of my foot where my sandal straps crossed - to the point where I couldn't walk anymore. My foot felt bruised, it was swollen, and I was worried that I wouldn't get to do anything else for the rest of the trip.

I took it easy for a few days, taking taxis, trams, and metros. Then I switched to my tennis shoes, and began to walk with a limp (swag), to relieve pressure on my left foot. However, due to the increased pressure on my right foot and the hard impact on the cobblestone, my right ankle began to feel like it was going to pull or twist when I stepped. Awesome.

Thankfully, today we found a farmacia; the pharmacist said an ankle wrap would help me to keep from twisting my ankle and relieve some pressure.


So far, so good. I hope my feet get better. Next time, I'll know...tennis shoes only! 

For now, I'll continue embarrassing fellow classmates with the dorky, unattractive, yet extremely helpful new addition to my wardrobe.

--

Ciao!

Briana

1 comment:

  1. Try icing your foot.Chocolate is the best. Just kidding about the chocolate. put some ice in a baggie,if they got those over there or purchase an ice pack or or just put some water in a bucket that your foot will fit in, a really big bucket, then slowly add ice to it. it will help. When you get back I will massage your feet,haha.

    ReplyDelete